Pages

Monday, November 18, 2013

Top 20 reasons to ignore the Climate Action Rally in Melbourne.

So. Yesterday morning I, along with thousands upon thousands of Victorians, rocked up to Treasury Gardens for Melbourne's Climate Action rally. I know we were just one of 130 events being staged simultaneously around the country but the turn-out was massive, the goodwill undeniable and the message clear.

Or so I thought... more fool me. Having read many of the articles (and accompanying comments) written about the rally, it seems I wasted my time. The rally apparently didn't matter.

For your convenience, I've compiled a list of all the reasons WHY it didn't matter... if anyone uses ANY reason from this list, feel free to laugh at them and walk away.

Top 20 reasons to ignore the Climate Action Rally in Melbourne.

  1. It was a nice day. 
  2. It was a rent-a-crowd. (wish someone had told me, I could have been paid!)
  3. Unions.
  4. Greens.
  5. Lefties.
  6. Climate is always changing.
  7. Humanity’s impact on climate change is negligible.
  8. Warmer is good.
  9. CO2 is not a pollutant.
  10. Nothing we can do matters because China/India/USA.
  11. Nothing we can do matters because nature.
  12. Nothing we can do matters.
  13. Temperatures are not rising.
  14. Global warming is an international scam.
  15. Cold days are proof that global warming is a lie.
  16. Climate change is an urban myth.
  17. Humanity has had zero impact on the Earth’s climate.
  18. Linking natural disasters to climate change is exploiting the misery of others.
  19. Increased bushfires are the Greens’ fault.
  20. Australia voted against a carbon tax.



The Climate Action rally in Melbourne. If you look real close, you can see me. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment